Wednesday, October 6, 2010

On the Road to Tulsa


     It’s been a while since I’ve written, but today I am going to start the process of getting caught up :) I’m currently sitting in the third seat of the church van, occasionally glancing past my computer screen to watch the beautiful landscape of Oklahoma pass by. My Master’s Commission team and our drivers, Scott and Lara, have been on the road since 4 Thursday afternoon and right now, just a little after 2pm on Friday, we are within about 50 miles of Tulsa, our final destination.




       Our home church back in Gettysburg recently planted a church in Tulsa called Freedom Valley Church. We are so excited to spend the weekend with the team that has worked, prayed, and trusted the Lord for this church plant to come about. Freedom Valley Church is currently meeting in a theatre and had its very successful grand opening only a few weeks ago.
A 22 hour drive gets to your head :)
   This is the third out-of-state trip our Master’s Commission team has taken this year. In early September, we spent a day in Virginia with a church plant in Stafford, and just last week we had the opportunity to take part in a Convoy of Hope outreach in Hagerstown, Maryland.


   Our road trip so far has seemed to pass a lot more quickly than I really anticipated. I guess it helps that I didn’t have to drive… and I got a glorious 9 solid hours of sleep. Other team members weren’t so lucky and woke up a lot through the night. They’re all taking naps right now. I am just thankful to be a heavy sleeper. :) All right, well. I think that is all for this post! Just wanted to give you a little update and start to get back into the habit of blogging. There will be more to read once we get there and see what God is doing here in Tulsa!  :) Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're updating again! :)

    Oh, I am totally confused about the last picture. Is it a reversed photo or is the driver's side actually on the right side of the van? I was looking at it and feeling like you were all in Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it is reversed!

    ReplyDelete