Sunday, March 6, 2011

Strong and Happy.

This was a really special weekend.
My Dad and I agreed this morning, Friday afternoon was a time we'll never forget.
As he put it,  "Having you all there, laughing, puzzles, talking about Utley (what else)...etc. Made me strong and happy." I feel the same way. Perfect afternoon.


The sweetest memories are made with family. Nothing better than being with them.
As a "mini-spring-break", I went home to Camp Hill early Friday morning and returned this evening to Gettysburg. Walking up the drive way yesterday morning I simply said "Camp Hill" breathed in and smiled. God gives me a beautiful sense of my "roots" every time I go home.

Coming through the front door, I was greeted by some of my favorite faces, big hugs, and the morning busy-ness that made me glad I was no longer the one making everyone late for school.

(Not the expressions we would have had those late-mornings)
I love the home I was raised in. There's a real warmth and welcome as soon as you walk in the front door. It meant the world to me getting to share that this weekend.

Friday afternoon was especially precious in the course of the past few days, for reasons I'll write about soon enough. Now I'm just kind of basking in the goodness of those reasons. :)

This weekend there was so much reflection on God's timing, the beauty of family, and His faithful provision... man oh man, God is good to us.

Got a little teary eyed tonight driving home from church and ice cream with friends thinking about how special people are.
Love you, family. Thanks for always sending me back to Gettysburg refreshed and full of love.

Excited about the new season God is bringing all of us into and so grateful that I'm a 'Chase'.

(Life Formations)

5 comments:

  1. ah, Bonnie, your family is precious. I'm glad your weekend was so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say that I REALLLLLLY miss you? I love hearing this beautiful heart of yours... :) it brings me so much joy and refreshment! I love you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, this is a really wonderful post. Not only that, but great photo-journalism too. I am very thankful that you were home THIS weekend. It meant a lot to me to spend some time with you (at just the right times too)on Friday and Saturday. Have a wonderful week. With love and admiration,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you, Bonnie. Thanks for being here Friday and Saturday. What a nice surprise to look up from my lunch packing and frig searching to see your smiling morning face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie oh Bonnie. First, I'm glad you had a good time. And you really make me think about my family, and how wonderful they are. My life would be incomplete without them. You're an insiration. (: Love you!

    ReplyDelete