Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Waiting. (Life Form.)




















My summer was full of expectancy. I was so eager for Master's Commission to come. August seemed distant. But it was full of promise and change and I wanted that so badly. I couldn't do anything to make August come sooner. All I could do was wait.

"All I could do.." is a little misleading. Waiting is purposeful. It's not meant to be a "useless sitting time" or a time to grow lazy and apathetic. In the waiting time, God increases vision in me.

I'm amazed this morning by the way God's perfect timing and His understanding of my need for preparation work together. He's created a season where I'm becoming both intentional and passionate about growth. That's where I'm at right now. I'm in the waiting season. Just like last June, today I'm thinking about who I want to be when this season is done. I like thinking like this.

My expectation about the seasons ahead is building each day. But the beautiful thing is that my appreciation for this sweet season I'm in right now is also growing. I'm so sure of God's love for me. He wouldn't give me this season if he didn't care about what's coming after. But He knows what I'm capable of and he knows where I'm hungry to grow. And He knows I can do it. I think it's the sweetest thing that He cares about us this way. We're not left to our own devices, he comes to our aid and guides us. He's equipping me and strengthening me. And I get to know Him more in the process, too.

He's patient and nurturing... but He doesn't want me to waste time or settle for less than what "our time" is capable of producing. So this morning I'm motivated. I'm grateful. I'm expectant.

And I'm so thankful for his unconditional love and provision of this time. He'll be with me through all of it. I love that.

"A waiting person is a patient person. The word patience means the willingness to stay where we are and live the situation out to the full in the belief that something hidden there will manifest itself to us." --Henri Nouwen


God, I love seeing your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment