Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Little About Week #1

What a week it's been! Today marked the completion of my first week in Gettysburg.
Here are just a couple things that have really stuck out to me this first week of GMC:
This water bottle has caused me to stay so hydrated this week. Good choice, Anne!


1) I am going to spend A LOT of money on journals this year. I feel like I'm writing all day, every day. It's great. If you're not journaling about daily life and what the Lord is doing in you and speaking to you, give it a try. Today as I prayed about some exciting things God has placed before me, I referred back to the past couple days' journal entries and was absolutely amazed seeing, in writing, how He's been preparing me and speaking to me even before I began to sense His leading about these dreams He's giving me. (Sorry for the vague-ness... haha I'll write more about this later)

Covered Bridge near Battlefields
2) I never realized I could love a drive so much. Each morning as I head out to the church for prayer, class, and GMC activities the beauty of the area grabs a hold of my heart all over again. I love it. There is one sweet old church I pass that is preceded by the most picturesque field of purple wildflowers. I look back in my rearview mirror every day as I approach the field to check if anyone is behind me. One of these days I'll stop to get a picture to show you all. Ah! I smile just thinking about it! It's so perfect.

Devil's Den @ The Gettysburg Battlefields
Yesterday was my day off! Friday serves as the GMC sabbath and it was a completely wonderful day. I knew I needed to spend the day praying about a few things the Lord was laying on my heart (that same vague thing in the beginning of the post), so I decided I'd do that primarily at Devil's Den on the historic Gettysburg Battlefields. I know, I know, it sounds a little strange to go to a place called Devil's Den to pray and spend time in the Word. That's why I am now officially referring to Devil's Den as "Jesus's Living Room". (He he he, creative, eh? :) So, I ran a few errands, picked up a sub to go, and found my way out to the Battlefields (without a GPS ;). The weather was gorgeous and after navigating from my handy little map to "Jesus's Living Room", I climbed some steps and found the perfect boulder about 30 feet up to eat lunch on. Lunch wasgreat and my time writing, reading, and praying was even better. The Lord made Hebrews 11 so real to me, taught me, challenged and encouraged me as I sat on that rock enjoying the beauty of my surroundings. Ah, it was so refreshing. In the evening I was blessed again to spend some time with my home openers, eat a delicious dinner, and just reflect on the wonderful people and opportunities God has so graciously brought into my life.

GMC girls.
I'm getting pretty tired right now and I feel like there is so much I could share tonight. I had a great evening in the toddler nursery followed by a trip to the Lincoln Diner with our director's sweet wife, Rachel, and GMC girls. I am experiencing what it means to follow the Lord like never before and my heart is full of joy and dreams that could only come from His hands. He is so good!

Ah, so. There's a little update. Not too much organization or purpose.. just a few things going around my mind tonight. Hope you've all had a great week!

Another blessing: Lady Grey Tea from Mrs. Benkovich :)

No comments:

Post a Comment