Monday, December 6, 2010

The Beatitudes


Each week in Master's Commission we memorize 4 Scripture Verses.
Laura, our wonderful 2nd year student, takes time each week to grade our verse quizzes and our reflection papers-- short papers on our thoughts or applications of the verses we chose to memorize.
Recently, Laura began offering us the option of doing a "Creative Project" in place of our reflection paper. I love that we have this option-- often new insights on the verses come as I rewrite the scripture and design the creative project.

This is our 14th week of scripture memorization and for the past few weeks I have been memorizing the beatitudes found in Matthew 5. This week, my verses are Matthew 5:9-12. So here's my creative project for this week. (I am well aware that this looks disney-princess-esque... that was not a mistake) This week I'm praying my that my life would become a reflection of the Word of God.

"God, help me to become a peacemaker (bringing others to you) and a pursuer of righteousness (no matter what). In the face of insult, persecution, and evil, help me to maintain integrity and strive to reflect the character and the heart of my Jesus. I pray that any suffering I face would bring you all the glory you deserve. Lord, this week I need to keep my eyes set on heaven and upon your face. It is so easy to be distracted and to wander away. Keep pulling me closer and softening my heart when I try to pull away in my stubbornness. In all things, Heavenly Father, may I rejoice and be glad that you are my God and that I find my hope in you, and your Word, alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment