Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving

Well, it has been a long time since I last posted. With all the excitement these past few months writing on this blog has kind of fallen through the cracks (as you can tell by my last post date). But here I am posting, and I fully intend to get into the habit, and stay in the habit, of updating this blog regularly. :)

I can't believe it's already December! I am a little over three months into the Master's Commission program and they have been three of the most challenging months of my life. With that said, they've also been three of the best months I have ever experienced, far greater than I could have ever anticipated. Classes are beginning to wind down for the semester and I just returned from Thanksgiving Break. 

Thanksgiving Break was a really good week for me. Being with family was wonderful. I am blessed beyond measure with my siblings, my parents, my puppy, and our home. I even got to attend my 5 month High School reunion. Don't laugh, it was cute. :) That concept is kind of funny, but it was really special. I really enjoyed getting to catch up with friends and hearing about everyones' college experiences so far. It is so exciting to hear how God is giving my friends big dreams and leading them to pursue those dreams during this season. And of course, it was just nice to be together and laugh. I saw God's faithfulness all over the night. What an incredible senior class I have :) My brother and a group of friends from school also had a benefit concert for Bethesda Mission over the break. They did an awesome job and raised over $400 dollars. I am so proud of Aaron.

Thanksgiving Break was also quite the learning week for me. In a few different ways, I was disappointed in myself and beat up on myself a little bit. Thanksgiving Break is considered the most difficult for Master's students as it is the first time back home during the school year. I had been home a couple times before, but only for a day or two at a time. The past three months I have been in an intensive discipleship program, so leaving that environment and that set schedule really challenged me to make very active decisions about time management and just every day life in general. I am so thankful for the way God turned my disappointment around though. He didn't allow me to wallow in discouragement (He is so good at leading me out of those funks) or grow frustrated with myself. He gently and sweetly showed me the beautiful things He has developed in my heart these past few months. I was reminded that the enemy of my soul wants to rob me of my relationship with the Lord, my joy, my dreams, and this season of great adventure. I'm not letting satan take any of that from me. 

So by God's grace, I learned, I was encouraged, and a fire grew in me. I will fight to stay with my Jesus and pursue the destiny God has given me here at Freedom Valley. Every day God is reminding me that He has already won and I am more than a conqueror. He covers me in the truth that He loves me so deeply He will help me to fight through prayer and choices every day so I can be near to Him for the rest of my life. Because He wants to be with me. 
God IS the victorious one and I love that. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment